Saturday, February 19, 2011
The Long Awaited WGATJ's Reader Contest!
Hello fellow Trader Joe's aficionados,
It's been a great week here for the blog, started off by our nice little write-up by the good folks at The Daily Meal, which has been picked up by other blogosphere outlets like Oregon Live. So, we figure it's time to give a little somethin' somethin' back to you all, who help make such a thing possible. So without further ado, we are proud to announce:
The WGATJ's first ever reader contest! (please, hold your applause 'til the end)
The prize: $10 Trader Joe's gift card to tickle your taste buds and bring peace to your soul. Or least a full belly.
The rules: Okay, this is virgin territory for us, so we're going to keep them simple:
1. Like our Facebook page, follow our Twitter account, or just follow us on the Blogger page, and you get an entry. So chances are, you already have a chance.
2. Comment on or like one of our reviews via Facebook ... another entry. Same thing for the blog main page if you leave a comment there.
3. Put up our link about us/tag us on Facebook or Twitter gets you another entry. If you have a blog, put our link up there. Drop me (Russ) a message with "Reader Contest" in the subject line when you do just to make sure we see it. Each time you do, another entry.
4. Make me homemade cookies using only Trader Joe's products: 10,000 entries.*
5. Finally, no way to really quantify this, but if you know any other TJ's fans who would like our blog, invite them to follow us through whatever means. This will help make more contests like this possible in the future.
This contest will run for the next two weeks, up through Saturday, March 5th. We don't quite have the budget to resurrect Ed McMahon to drive up with a huge check for you, but once we pull the winner's name, we'll announce it and follow up with you to mail it out to you.
Sound good? Alright then ... ready, set, GO!!
*Not an actual contest rule, though if you made me cookies, that'd be pretty cool.
I assume you leave a comment for each entry? I just found your blog from the Oregonian - and I don't even live in Oregon anymore. Fortunately we have a very convenient TJ's. And I am a blog subscriber. Thanks for the reviews!ReplyDelete
Yup! Comment away! And thanks for tracking us down too!ReplyDelete
Hey thats pretty cool! I am following through my "google" ID, though I blog through wordpress. Hope thats okay. I dont use facebook or twitter (gasp!) :)ReplyDelete
No Facebook or Twitter? That's so six years ago ... ;)ReplyDelete
The link to your twitter account doesn't work! What's the twitter called?ReplyDelete
Hrmm we're going to have to check that... Anyways, our Twitter name is WhatsgoodatTJs in case we don't get it fixed (I know nothing about Twitter so I may have linked the wrong page somehow)ReplyDelete
Hmm... I searched for that on twitter earlier, and couldn't get it to come up. But now it is. Maybe because I left out the capital letters...? Anyway, thanks!ReplyDelete